Friday, April 20, 2012

April 20, 2012

After making contact yesterday with a second cousin on the Akin side, I spent time looking for research I did on my father's family. Success! I located it and sent the information to my nieces, nephew and Dr. Mc.  Then, this morning, I got a Facebook message from a cousin of Daddy's who sent me this: I remember you well. I remember a pretty little girl with hair so blond that it was white. I saw you many times at Akin’s Mens Wear, but you probably don't remember me. I was very fond of your grandmother.  Awww ... how sweet is that! I loved my grandmother, too! She was the best!
Added this desk to eBay yesterday (local pick up only). So
cute but "no room at the inn."

I spent time last night looking through old photos. I pulled out several to scan, but our's isn't working. I pulled out a picture of me when I was Dr. Mc's age. People say we look alike, but I think it is because we have light hair and skin, and blue eyes. I pulled out a photo of me before my Jr. prom. This was a favorite dress of mine that is still stylish today. And I pulled out photos of Mitzie and me when we were making the veil for her wedding. I'll share some photos after I scan them.

Today I'm creating fun time. First lunch with Kelly, then physical therapy (maybe not so fun), and tonight Mr. B and I are going to an art opening. Sounds like a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment