Saturday, April 7, 2012

April 7, 2012

Meyers Lemons on the back yard tree.
I'm taking a few minutes from dusting and vacuuming the house to cool off and write my blog. It's amazing how long it takes to get house cleaning chores accomplished with a big black medical boot on my boot.

We're hosting a party for my niece, Tricia, and her beau, Tom, tonight. It's just a little more than a month before their wedding. Of course, the yard crew didn't finish so Mr. B is trying to do what he can. The crew arrived around 2 p.m. yesterday and stayed until probably 10 p.m. It's amazing to me that they were having an attitude about working so late. Well, maybe if they had showed up when they were supposed to and worked full days, they would have finished the work and not have been at the house until 10 p.m. on Friday night.

Today I'm creating alternative plans for tonight's party. We all have our lists. Mr. B is working on the back yard to clean up what isn't finished. Dr. Mc and No. 1 son-in-law Nick are at the liquor store before they come here to hang outside lights. Sweetness is working at Sundance (lucky her). Before I start cooking I went to the party rental place to rent chairs and round tables, but they were closed. What? I thought they were open on Saturday mornings until noon, but no. The store is closed all day Saturday and Sunday. So we're substituting two long tables for the round ones and borrowed folding chairs from friends. Thanks to Danae and Martin for having a mini version of Aztec Party Rental in your garage. They have a beautiful pool and yard, and have lots of supplies for outdoor parties. OK. Time to get back to my vacuuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment