Saturday, April 14, 2012

April 14, 2012

Happy birthday to my
gorgeous niece, Angela!
It's a very popular day for birthdays. There are five of my FB friends with birthdays today, including my niece Angela who is turning 29. She's a beautiful young woman!

It will be another long, busy day. We're having people over tonight for back yard burgers. I'm headed to the grocery store before coming home to cook and set up. Mr. B has agreed to vacuum and dust. How I wish I still had a housekeeper, but when I gave up working full time I also gave up a housekeeper. I should consider housekeeping the same as a job and set aside one weekday for cleaning. It annoyed me when I was living at home that my mother, who didn't work outside the home, waited until Saturday to do chores at the house.

Today I'm creating a burger bar in the back yard. No. 1 son-in-law Nick is coming over to set up the audio/video equipment in the back yard. In honor of the Heights Home Tour this weekend, we'll be screening The Money Pit on the outdoor movie screen. Remember that semi-old movie with Tom Hanks? This movie really rings true with so many of our friends who, like Mr. B and me, live in 100+ year old homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment