Thursday, April 19, 2012

April 19, 2012

My paternal grandfather,
probably in the 1930s
before he moved the family
from Houston to Bryan.
I only slept about an hour last night ... or I guess it was this morning when I finally got some shut eye. So at 7:30 a.m. I had to make the decision of whether or not to attend a seminar. I decided to go, and it was really a total waste of my time, except for the delicious breakfast and Jr. League orange rolls.

I made contact yesterday with a woman who I guess is my second cousin. Our grandfathers were brothers, which would make our fathers first cousins, and us second cousins (?). I knew her grandfather and father, but don't ever remember meeting her. Timing could be good here because my nephew and great nephew are wanting to do research on the Akin family history this summer. Beth said she has some information, if she can find it. I've been able to find research that has been done on the families of both my grandmothers, but know very little about the paternal side of my family.

Today I'm creating two bios, now that I'm home from the unhelpful seminar. My meeting for tonight has been canceled, which makes me happy that I don't have to go out again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment