Thursday, April 26, 2012

April 26, 2012

When I was watering the back yard, I found
this Easter Lily growing. Not sure how it got
in the yard.
I'm coming to you this afternoon from my new MacBook Pro. Can you tell the difference? No? Well, this computer was so expensive it should be singing while cleaning my house and mixing/bringing me a cocktail. Unfortunately, it's just sitting in my lap as my old one – with a fried hard drive – used to do.

I left the house this morning when it was still cool outside so I put on a lightweight linen jacket. I went to a presentation and then had lunch with the executive director of Bayou City Art Festival (another Kelly). By the time we were finished with lunch it was hot, but I couldn't take my jacket off then because I had gotten Pad Thai on my shirt. I needed the jacket to cover up the mess. After going to the physical therapist, I then spent two hours in the Apple Store in Highland Village while they sucked all the blood out of my credit card. The store has glass on two sides and a very high roof that is also glass. It was bright enough in the store that I never took off my sunglasses and it was hot enough that it felt cooler when I walked out the door.

Today I'm creating a brochure. Apple wanted to keep my old computer and this new computer for 72 hours to transfer data from my old hard drive to the new one. In the meantime do I get a loaner as is the case when Mr. B takes his Lexus to the dealership? Nope. So the transfer of data will have to wait until next week when I can leave it while I'm in SFe. Today I'm creating a brochure and need a computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment