Thursday, March 8, 2012

March 8, 2012

Dear friend Paula is just as sweet as she is cute!
It has been a busy day! I started my morning at the Houston Arts Alliance attending a conference on putting the strategic in strategic planning. Initially, I was not sure my brain would be ready to receive the information so early in the morning (9 a.m.), but it and I made it through. I came away with several inspiring ideas that I plan to share with the others on the two Board of Directors with which I'm involved.

One reason I might not have been ready to receive the information was that Mr. B, friend Paula, and I attended the kick-off party for the Memorial Park 2012 Bayou City Art Festival. What a fabulous party! Terrific turnout. I was jazzed by the time we left. Thanks to Mr. B for taking Ms. Paula and me for a quiet dinner at Shade after the kick-off party. I splurged by getting a salad, as well as mac and cheese. I should have stopped with the wonderful salad, but couldn't resist the mac and cheese. I think the mac and cheese served by Shade is nearly as good as mine, but I could be prejudice.

Today I'm creating five different salsas for an event Mr. B and I are co-hosting tonight at an art gallery. Actually, I have finished making all the salsas. I think my favorite is the avocado, tomato and feta salsa, but I also think the fruit salsa is very good. I also made traditional, tomatilla and black bean/corn salsas. I'll take photos tonight and post some tomorrow. Right now, I have to jump in the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment