Friday, March 23, 2012

March 23, 2012

"Universal Balance," by figurative artist Patrick Palmer.
My life could use some balance!
What a glorious first-look Friday at Bayou City Art Festival. When I left the house around 9:15 a.m., it was 65 degrees in Houston and the humidity was about 40 percent. This is Houston at its best! By the end of the day the temperature was in the low 80s and still low humidity. So nice.

Shout out to Houston figurative artist Patrick Palmer who came up to me this afternoon at Bayou City Art Festival. He recognized me from Facebook and said how much he enjoys reading my blogs/posts. How fun is that? I'm such a fan of Patrick's and have always wanted a piece of his artwork. Maybe Mr. B and I haven't purchased one of Patrick's pieces because he mainly paints on canvas and we collect mainly works on paper. But I'm sure that one of Patrick's pieces needs to be part of Mr. B's and my art collection.

Today I'm creating manicured fingernails. I'm going to be interviewed tomorrow live on Ch. 13, the Houston ABC affiliate. They asked me to bring visuals of items from the Festivals. I have some bracelets that are very cool, but I must have manicured nails if I'm going to show them off. If you're awake at 8:15 a.m. tomorrow, turn to Ch. 13 and watch me. If you can't watch me, please wish me luck with the live interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment