Saturday, March 10, 2012

March 10, 2012

Fun evening last night with the Board of
Directors and +1s  from the Bayou City
Art Festivals. Looking forward to the festival
in Memorial Park on March 23-25, 2012.
I'm enjoying the rain and a quiet day at home. But wait. The television in the main room is out so Mr. B is now stomping around and making lots of noise. Can I ignore his restlessness? Doesn't he need to make a trip to his office?

Great party last night with the Board of Directors for the Bayou City Art Festivals. Mr. B and I drove downtown in the pouring rain and traffic so we could arrive early with flowers and gifts. Fortunately we were able to find a parking spot on Franklin Street in front of our destination, the Magnolia Ballroom. After set up and while enjoying cocktails and hors devours, we watched the traffic jam that occurred when the HPD blocked off the streets for President Obama. I would have been so angry if I had to wait behind the police-car barricade for an hour while waiting for Obama to leave downtown and  travel to a ritzy $10,000 a plate dinner in River Oaks. But from our vantage point out of the second story windows with a glass of vino in hand, it was very tolerable. Back to the dinner, we sat down to a wonderful salad, perfectly cooked steak with mushrooms, roasted potatoes and asparagus, and a to-die-for bread pudding. Then we all hit the floor for some dancing to disco tunes from the 70s and 80s. I could have stayed and danced all night, except that my broken foot had a different idea!

Today I'm creating a clean bedroom. There are clothes piled on the chair and hanging from the closet doors. Shoes and magazines on the floor. And my bedside table is covered with who-knows-what. Maybe a quick nap first.

No comments:

Post a Comment