Sunday, March 11, 2012

March 11, 2012

Another rainy day in Houston. Even the Sunday paper is soggy. Drat. The electricity just went off in the house and came back on and then went off again. 


Pillows created from ticking and linen.
Sister-in-law Susan from Virginia requested that I post my recipe for fruit salsa. Serve it with cinnamon chips as an hors dourves or with fish as an entree! I also like it with granola in the morning. Very tasty! I use a chop-o-matic device that my mother-in-law gave me years ago. It makes all the chopping very easy. I change the size of the blade so not all the fruit is the same size. I also cut the strawberries in fourths by hand. Enjoy!

Ingredients

2 kiwis – peeled and diced
2 Fiji apples – peeled, cored and diced
2 peaches – peeled, cored and diced (I use frozen peaches) 
1 pound strawberries
3 tablespoons fruit preserves (I use orange marmalade)
juice of one lemon
  •  
  • Directions
  • In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, apples, peaches, strawberries, and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.

Today I'm creating clean clothes. All the rain makes me think about washing clothes. I'm not sure there is anything better smelling that clean clothes. Well, clothes smell better if they have air dried in the sun, but that isn't going to happen today!

No comments:

Post a Comment