Thursday, December 8, 2011

December 8, 2011

Thanksgiving day we found the most wonderful salvage
yard outside of Santa Fe. Wish I had bought that sign!
I should already be sewing, but I haven't made it to "craft central" yet. Soon, though! Just as soon as I get out of my pajama bottoms and the sweatshirt I had on yesterday. Oh, wait ... I'm going to my private craft area so it doesn't matter what I'm wearing.

I laughed and laughed last night while watching Modern Family. Absolutely the funniest show on television right now. Great ensemble cast. The episode was sort of a Griswald-family Christmas (from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation). In a hysterical way, everything that could go wrong did go wrong, but in the end all was good. I can really relate to National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation because for years I always drove myself crazy trying to have the perfect holiday with the perfect family. Of course, it never was the storybook holiday I dreamt of, until I calmed down my expectations. In Christmas, as in life, I must realize that I can't do everything!

Today I'm creating holiday dogdanas (bandanas for dogs) and velvet totes with funky trims. I admit that I wasn't as creative as I needed to be yesterday. That's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment