Friday, December 23, 2011

December 23, 2011

One of many beautiful Christmas vignettes at
The Houstonian. Unfortunately, the valet guys wouldn't
put it in the Explorer for me. 
Good afternoon! I had a wonderful brunch this morning at the Houstonian with friends Katy, Kay and Marilyn. I think it's the fourth year that we've met for Christmas brunch. Perhaps we should meet just after Thanksgiving for brunch. The Houstonian is always so beautifully decorated for the holidays (see photo). Maybe I'd get inspired earlier in December to decorate the house if I saw all the gorgeous trimmings!

Last night we celebrated Christmas and friend Chris' birthday. There were eight of us, which is a cozy number for conversation and laughter. After Chris opened her birthday presents (her actual birthday is December 26), we exchanged Christmas gifts. And laughed some more. What a nice party!

Today I'm creating an apron and four pillows. But first, I'm waiting for Mr. B to come home. He said he was going to leave work around 2 p.m. today. We're attending a celebration of our friend Bob's life at 4 p.m. It's still hard to believe he's gone. I must remember to put tissues in my purse. I'm sure I'll need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment