Monday, December 12, 2011

December 12, 2011

Canning red and green Christmas jalapeno jelly today.
I'm back after two days of not posting to my blog. Just too busy over the weekend. Office party for Byron on Thursday night and then dinner date. Office party for me on Friday. Saturday craft show and home by 2:30 p.m. in time to bake cornbread and cookies for a party at Dr. Mc and Nick's on Saturday night. Up early on Sunday morning to clean house and set up for home holiday market. I'm tired just reading about everything I did last weekend!

When Dr. Mc was younger, she and two boys who lived down the street – Adam and Cory – played together almost every afternoon and all day on the weekends. At the party on Saturday, who should walk in the door but – Adam and Cory. In 1990, they were all at our house playing when we got the call from Adam's mother that his father, Richard, had died of cancer. There were three other adults in the house when the call came, and we decided to let Adam continue laughing and playing until his mother came from hospice to get him. No one told him that his father had died because we wanted to let Adam have just another hour or two of happiness. When his mother came in the door, Adam knew immediatly what had happened without anyone telling him, and the smile left his young face. A brave little man gave me a big huge and kiss as he left the house that afternoon. We moved three years later, but Dr. Mc, Adam and Cory have kept in touch. When I saw Adam on Saturday, after not seeing him in more than 15 years, it was as if his father had walked through the door. Adam looks so much like his father. Richard certainly left a legacy he can be proud of!

Today I'm creating four batches of red and green Christmas jalapeno jelly, for a total of 24 jars. I'm now on my third batch, and also washing clothes. Thanks so much to whichever dog decided to get sick on the bed this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment