Monday, December 26, 2011

December 26, 2011

Alex Zamora sampling the egg nog on
Christmas Eve 2011.
Extremely bad planning on my part! I sent the leftovers from Christmas Eve dinner home with Evan on Saturday night. We had Christmas dinner with family and friends at Richard and Sherry's house and I didn't bring home any leftovers. So tonight Mr. B and I are having sandwiches for dinner. Note to self: Be more proactive and plan ahead!

It was such a quiet day in the Pettit household. We slept in and then I had not one, but two naps today. It's 5:40 p.m. and I'm still in my pajamas. I thought about getting dressed to go shopping on "mega Monday," but it was a short-lived, fleeting thought. So instead I let my fingers do the shopping on my laptop. I'm seriously considering buying myself a Le Creuset dutch oven, but it seems extravagant. I wouldn't blink an eye at spending that much on a pair of shoes, which I would probably wear less than I would use the dutch oven. I also want to replace the 20-year-old Faberware pots and pans I use, but buying a set of All Clad also seems like an extravagance. Decisions, decisions. I think more research is necessary.

Today I'm creating relaxation time after a wonderful Christmas eve and day. I got everything I wanted and needed for Christmas, which was to spend a good time laughing and enjoying family and friends. I'm blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Julie, Sams Club sells a "knockoff" of the Le Creuset dutch oven for about $50...I own one and absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete