Thursday, December 29, 2011

December 29, 2011

 
I've been inspired by my new dutch oven, as well
as Cooking Light and Food Network magazines.
I did it! On my way to the grocery store yesterday, I drove past Sur La Table where the windows were covered with signs advertising "Our Biggest Sale of the Year" and "Up to 50% Off." So I visited the winter sale and bought myself a beautiful white Le Creuset round 5.5 quart dutch oven at 20% off. I used it last night to make a delicious pot of chili.

When I was young, my mother would take me shopping every year before school started to buy pairs of brown and black school shoes that I would wear to during the fall and winter months. Then, just in time for Easter, I would get a pair of white dress shoes and a pair of white Keds that I would wear until just before school started again in the fall. Even as a child I had a "thing" for shoes so I would sleep with my new shoes before I wore them. I felt this same excitement yesterday with my new dutch oven, although I didn't sleep with it (too heavy) or the box it came it (too bulky).

Today I'm creating another tasty dinner for Mr. B. I've already made my grocery list and will be heading to the store in just a minute. But when I pass by Sur La Table, will the winter sale be calling me into the store to buy an oven-proof skillet?

No comments:

Post a Comment