Sunday, December 18, 2011

December 18, 2011

I wrapped my Santa and Mrs. Claus aprons in a beautiful package and took them to a party last night for a gift "trade around." There was no doubt in my mind that once revealed, people would be fighting over the aprons. But this scenario was not to be. The man who unwrapped the aprons immediately started making fun of them. His wife put her Mrs. Claus apron on the hosts' dog as a cape. The man kept commenting that unfortunately, he would be going home with the aprons. And when the trade around was over, he turned to his wife and asked how soon could they regift the aprons. When Mr. B and I got home from the party, I was ready to throw my sewing machine and every piece of fabric I own in the trash. Instead, I drank a glass of Baileys Irish Cream and went to sleep.

This morning when I looked at my Facebook account, there were people commenting on a photo of the aprons I posted yesterday. People were asking how much I charge for them and could I make them before Christmas. So I guess the sewing machine will live to sew another day.

Today I'm creating aprons. I have one Christmas and two non-holiday aprons to make. And maybe I'll have orders for Santa and Mrs. Claus aprons. Oh happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment