Sunday, December 25, 2011

December 25, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011
Merry Christmas to all! All is quiet in the Pettit household right now, but that wasn't the case last night. Evan was the first to arrive, then Dr. Mc and Nick (with Kirby, their beagle), and finally Alex (Nick's younger brother). Dr. Mc and Nick left to attend another party for about one hour. The rest of us watched National Lampoon Christmas Vacation (a must) and the cocktails began flowing while the pot roast continued simmering. A knock at the door revealed Joe Morrison, a friend who lives in California and was in town visiting family. Then Dr. Mc and Nick came back, Joe left, and the rest of us sat down to a delicious dinner. And the cocktails continued. After dinner we opened presents, and the cocktails continued. Raff (Evan's boyfriend) came to get her. He had a cocktail or two with us and snapped the family photo.

This morning's alarm came much too quickly. As I stumbled into the kitchen, I found three empty champagne bottles, an empty bourbon bottle, two empty containers of eggnog, an empty bottle of premade margaritas, and some beer bottles. Whoa! My head felt like I emptied all of the bottles myself. Fortunately Dr. Mc had stayed awake and made this morning's breakfast casseroles. Friends Keith and Kelly joined us for the annual Christmas breakfast. Once everyone left, Mr. B, the doggies and I settled in for a long nap.

Today I'm creating squash casserole for our Christmas dinner with family and friends. I made an egg nog cheesecake last night so it could refrigerate overnight. And I think I'll stick to diet coke tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment