Monday, August 1, 2011

August 1, 2011

I heard yesterday that my God daughter (Ashley, a.k.a. Madame) got engaged on Friday night. Then I heard this morning that one of Dr. Mc's good friends (Katie) also got engaged. These two weddings should be very beautiful because both young women are over-the-top with details. We're also excited that Dr. Mc's longtime friend Melinda is getting married in November. I've watched these young women grow up. It's exciting to see them entering the married phase of their lives!

Last night's dinner was roasted tomatoes
topped with homemade pesto and
parmesan. Loved every bite!
I had fun yesterday afternoon. First I walked around the Contemporary Spanish Market. You would have thought I was at an outdoor festival in Houston. Parking was $10 and a bottle of water was $2. Yikes! Mr. B laughed last night when I told him I ate street food. The carnitas I paid $6 for was delicious! The art at the festival was interesting, but nothing I couldn't live without. Then I came home and made some pesto. Not an easy task in the little food processor in the casita. Of course, I thought the recipe needed twice the garlic. I used part of the pesto on some tomatoes I roasted last night and froze two half-pint containers.

Today I'm creating a magazine article for a client. Other things on my agenda include taking my sewing machine to the repair shop and finding a reasonably priced dry cleaners. I won't use the cleaners I tried last year because I was charged $8.99 per linen blouse. Robbery!

No comments:

Post a Comment