Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8, 2011

New shade I made for the back door.
The colors and pattern are very Santa Fe.
It has been a busy day! I got up and picked up the house. There was fabric everywhere and in such a small house, the clutter can get out of hand quickly. I'm trying some new patterns and the frustration can also get out of hand quickly! I didn't cut some fabric properly last night, so I have a big mess. I think the best thing to do at this point is start over.

Little Ricky came to the house about 11:30 a.m. to help me in the garden. We lost numerous plants last winter when Santa Fe had a really heavy, late freeze, plus there was a portion of our drip hose that froze. He fixed the problem with the drip system and then helped me plant all the new flowers. It was so great to have him here so he could add new drip nozzles for the new flowers. About 1:30 p.m. we took a break and had lunch under the huge apricot tree. It was apparent to me that I was getting sunburned, so I spent most of the time after lunch in the shade. Sure enough, when he left I had a shower and could see the redness on the back of my neck and shoulders.

Today I'm creating a flier for a client. I had to come to Starbucks so I could get on the Internet. Not sure what is wrong with the Internet at the house, but I haven't been able to get on since last night. Total bummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment