Sunday, August 21, 2011

August 21, 2011

The flowers, branches and leaves on the
the vintage upholstery fabric are raised.
I really like the texture! 
It drizzled rain and thundered most of the night, which meant that Roz was a spastic wanting on the bed, off the bed, on the bed, off the bed. I finally gave up on prolonged sleep about dawn and got in the shower. Of course, her little self has been hiding under the bed most of the day, probably catching up on her beauty rest so she can keep me awake again tonight.

I went to the Tesuque Flea Market this morning with two lady friends. The rain had cooled down the temperature so much that we all had on long-sleeve shirts. At noon, when we got back in the car to find some good Mexican food for lunch, it was only 72 degrees. We all wanted New Mexican food, not Tex-Mex, so I suggested a tiny restaurant in the Sambusca Center for lunch. Mighty tasty! There were very few people in Sambusca and even some stores were closed because of the Indian Market on the Plaza. As I wrote yesterday, I'm passing on the Indian Market.

Today I'm creating more flat bags. Are you getting tired of seeing them? In addition to two flat bags I also made a large tote yesterday (see photo) from mudcloth and a piece of old upholstery fabric. Love the mixture. I keep discovering fabric for the flat bags, but their production is coming to an end tomorrow. At least for awhile. But before sewing, napping!

No comments:

Post a Comment