Tuesday, August 16, 2011

August 16, 2011

Flat bags with shoulder straps made from cute vintage fabrics. 
Just finished my Tuesday morning conference call. I consider holding the phone up to my ear for one hour and 20 minutes as toning exercises for my arms.

More rain yesterday in Santa Fe. It's the monsoon season so there's usually a light rain for 45 minutes to an hour sometime in the afternoon. During the rain yesterday the temperature dropped to 67 degrees. After the rain the temperature rose to 80 degrees. I feel bad about writing this because I heard today that Houston has had 15 days of record high temperatures and there is a Stage 3 Water Rationing in the city. For those of you in Houston who haven't heard, the rationing means you can only water between 8 p.m. and 10 a.m. If your address ends in an even number, you water on Sundays and Thursdays only. If your address ends in an odd number, you water on Saturdays and Wednesdays only. Since the City of Houston needs revenue, it can fine homeowners who violate the water rationing program up to $2,000 for each violation. What's more, the city has said that the only trees that should be watered are those two-years old or less. There you have it ladies and gentlemen.

Today I'm creating more flat purses. I made three yesterday (see photo). I need to add embellishments to the front plackets, but haven't decided on what to use. Embellishments may wait until I get back to Houston where I have a supply of old brooches and buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment