Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August 24, 2011

HAPPY BDAY, Evanita!
This will be a short blog because today is full! I'd have more time if the pups and I hadn't slept in. Now I feel rushed.


First, my cousin Leigh had her surgery yesterday and there were no surprises. The doctors feel they were able to remove the tumor. Leigh is sitting up in a chair, talking and laughing this morning, and will be moved out of ICU when a room is available. All terrific news. She is supposed to start treatment for her lung cancer in 10-14 days. Although she is not "out of the woods" yet, what a positive difference 48 hours has made in this drama! Thanks to cousins Susan (one of Leigh's younger sisters) and Connie (a second cousin) for keeping me in the long-distance loop with status reports.


Now, for the really happy news, today is youngest daughter Evan's 23rd birthday. Happy birthday, Sweetness! No matter how many birthdays come and go, you'll always be my Evanita (little Evan).


Today I'm creating a game plan for Sandy's four-day visit to Santa Fe. She arrives tomorrow morning. So first, grocery shopping. Cleaning house. Reservations at the spa! A little weed pulling in the garden. But first lunch with Richard Anderson, the wonderful realtor – and now friend – who helped me buy the casita.

No comments:

Post a Comment