Thursday, August 4, 2011

August 4, 2011

Santa Fe has wonderful "yard art." These fish
are outside the convention center where
SOFA West is being held. Very fun!
I should be spending today with my father, celebrating his 82nd birthday. I wish he were here! I know he would have loved the slow pace of Santa Fe and the beautiful gardens, not to mention the hot, spicy food! I remember him sweating while eating Mexican and Cajun food, and relishing every bite! He died in 2007, and every day, something in my life remembers me of him. Miss you, Daddy!

I had a great time earlier today at SOFA (Sculpture Objects & Functional Art) West. The favorite art I saw might have been by outsider artist Karl Mullen. His work is walnut oil, raw powder pigment, and pastel on paper. Outsider art is a term for work done by non-academically trained artists. These artists are viewed as outside the "normal" community and many may have been confined in prisons or insane asylums. Always interesting artwork, whether you like the subject or not.

Today I'm creating a mailer (done) and am getting on a conference call in about five minutes about a magazine article. Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment