Tuesday, August 9, 2011

August 9, 2011


My legs and back are tired and achy from all the yard work yesterday, but it’s a good thing. The gardens look refreshed and colorful. At noon today it was 83 degrees so I sat under the apricot tree, ate my salad and admired the gardens. Little bumble bees and hummingbirds were also enjoying the gardens.

The dining room has transformed into the
sewing center. So many projects, so little time!
After lunch I watched All My Children. I’ve watched this “daytime drama” since I was in college, back when it still called a “soap opera.” AMC is one of the two daytime dramas that have been cancelled by ABC. It will go off the air in September, so in the last month to six weeks of the show, the writers are bringing closure to everyone who died, but the bodies where never found. Even those who we saw dead and buried are still alive. It's a miracle! No, it's the evil Dr. David Hayward who has a secret medical clinic where he has been performing experimental, yet apparently life reviving, treatments on everyone who died in a plane crash, ran off a cliff on a motorcycle, or just vanished into thin air. Mr. B is so wrong. He always teases me by saying that the dastardly Dr. David Hayward isn’t evil, just misunderstood. Come to find out, Dr. Hayward the badest of the bad.

Today I’m creating new magazine articles before I start sewing. I have to write the articles and then go to Starbucks tomorrow to send them via email. I don’t know yet what is wrong with the Internet at the house, but hope it gets fixed soon. Fortunately the Starbucks is close to Albertson’s because I need to get some Cascade and shampoo, which aren’t available at Whole Foods. But I’ll also make my daily trip to Whole Foods to get some veggies. What does it mean when your body craves veggies?

No comments:

Post a Comment