Sunday, August 7, 2011

August 7, 2011

Beautiful sunny day in Santa Fe.
One of my goals this year in Santa Fe is to meet more people, but so far, nada. When I'm here during the summer, I'd like to know people who I could pick up the phone and call. I thought that if I volunteered I'd have the opportunity to meet people. I tried to volunteer for the Chamber Music performances, but no one ever contacted me. Tried to volunteer at the Hispanic Market, but they had enough help. I tried to volunteer at the Georgia O'Keefe Museum, but the new director has everything in flux. If I wanted a full-time job, there are plenty of those in Santa Fe. I'm not giving up on meeting people. I still have another month in the high desert.

It's a quiet day at the casita. There's a festival on the Plaza – 39th Annual Girls Inc. Arts & Crafts Show – but I think I'll pass. Instead, I'm going to the fabric store. I met a shop owner who is interested in my bags. She asked if she could see some bags, so I guess I need to make some. I have plenty in Houston, but nothing here to show her. It's warm outside today, with no breeze, so it's a good day to spend inside creating my own arts and crafts instead of looking at what other people have made.

Today I'm creating some tote bags, after I go to the fabric store and buy some interfacing and lining fabrics. I also need to make my daily stop at Whole Foods to get something for dinner. I guess I have met one new person in town: the 19-year old check-out guy at Whole Foods. Somehow I don't think he'll appreciate me picking up the phone and calling him!

No comments:

Post a Comment