Wednesday, August 17, 2011

August 18, 2011

New flat bags with shoulder straps. It took time and
patience to figure out the flap, but I got it done.
Since the time is 12:30 a.m., it's technically Thursday, Aug. 18, so I can write my blog now instead of waiting. I hoped I would be asleep by now since I've only had four hours of shut eye in the past 48 hours, but alas my baby blues are wide open and my brain hasn't signaled it's tiring.

After my conference call at 4:30 p.m. yesterday, I spent the greater part of the evening trying to figure out how to make a flat bag I sketched out. There's nothing I dislike more than messing up while sewing and having to rip out the stitches. Unfortunately, I had several of those experiences as I was sewing the bags I made last night (see photo). Perhaps if I wasn't sleep deprived I wouldn't be making so many mistakes. The lining of the bags is the same as the flap. There's a magnetic snap under the flap that keeps the bag closed. I can put a brooch or button or a fabric flower or nothing on the flap. On the black and gray bag on the lower right is a vintage fabric label I found. I wish I could find more of the labels because I think they are decorative and cute. Something different.

Today I'm creating drafts of two newsletters. I also need to write a press release and eblast for Women of Wine Charities. I'm saving time for more sewing to keep whittling down on the piles of fabric I brought with me. I probably have eight more flat bags to make before I switch to tote bags. Fun, fun, fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment