Friday, August 19, 2011

August 19, 2011

I thought this was just a clump of monkey
grass until a beautiful daylily bloomed.
Good morning! I'm happy to report that I caught up on my sleep last night and am fully refreshed this morning. I went to bed a little after 10 p.m. and didn't wake up until about 9 a.m. I must have slept really well because my hair is a complete disaster. I have a flip on the opposite side of my part that reminds me of a 1950s singer. Or a cartoon character.

And speaking of characters, I've posted numerous photos of Rose on my blog. As you can tell from the pics, she is an adorable full-figured pooch. Yet this morning she was racing down the private road the casita is located on like a greyhound. She saw a cat sitting in the middle of the road and took off after it. But alas, the cat was closer to the coyote fence and slipped between two of the posts. Her Roundness could only fit her cantaloupe-sized head through the posts, but she kept barking and waging her little nubbly tail. Quite the scene. To give Roz equal writing space, yesterday she insisted on going to the top of the road to do her business (as Mr. B calls it). Grass grows faster than Roz can walk on her short little legs. I don't think I've ever seen her run, except in the Houston house when she does figure eights around the ottoman and couch in the living room. Back to the story: When she finished her morning biz yesterday, she took a few steps and laid down, refusing to walk back to the casita regardless of how I tugged on her leash. I finally had to pick up Her Laziness and carry her down to the casita. I'm surrounded by out-of-control dogs.

Today I'm creating more purses. Yesterday I was inspired by a beautiful daylily in the garden (see photo). After admiring the garden I came in the casita, found four floral pieces of fabric, and cut out purses. Then I got ready and met two friends for an early dinner. By the time I got home I was too tired to start sewing, so today I'll make the purses. Half the work of making them is done because the fabric is already cut out. Since my sewing machine isn't considered heavy machinery, I'm going to drink some wine tonight while sewing and thinking about my family and friends in Texas who are suffering through the heat and drought. Drinking wine won't relieve their pain, but I'll feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment