Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 30, 2011

At the Farmer's Market this morning.
Time to eat more fruits and veggies, and
concentrate on portion control.
I've decided to take a different approach that will hopefully improve my mood. Instead of complaining that I only have two weeks left in Santa Fe, I'm telling myself that I'm beginning a two week vacation. The glass is half full for me instead of half empty.

I had a short conference call this morning and am now reading some magazines. Hey, I'm on vacation and taking it easy. I don't normally buy Town & Country magazine, but bought one yesterday because there are several articles about the Hemingways. Mariel Hemingway and one of her daughters are on the cover. I realize that magazines retouch photos, but her strong, angular features are still gorgeous. It seems she has worked through her demons and chosen to not be part of the Hemingway legacy. Her grandfather (Ernest), two great-grandfathers, great-uncle, great-aunt, and sister (Margaux) all committed suicide. The glass was always half empty for them instead of half full.

Today I'm creating embellishments for the purses I've made. I've gotten some buttons and little jewelry pieces to decorate the flaps. Tomorrow I'll probably set up the sewing machine again and start making some totes. My goal is still to make something out of every piece of fabric I brought with me. Goals are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment