Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 31, 2011

Look at the size of these cucumbers!
I got the word from Dr. Mc to "shut up" about the weather in Santa Fe. I taught the girls not to use that two-word phrase, but now that they're grown they say it to me all the time, just to annoy me. Sometimes, to totally upset me, they add an adverb between the two words. With big smirky smiles across their faces, they twist a knife in my heart using that ugly phrase and modifers. Oh, those girls! I'll get them back.

Major upset in my plans yesterday. The little sewing machine I keep in Santa Fe stopped working. It's an inexpensive Brother's machine that I bought four years ago just to have up here. I've made window treatments, pillows, bedskirts and tote bags with the machine, using mostly light-weight cotton and linen fabrics. I'm hoping I can take the sewing machine to a repair shop tomorrow and have it fixed for less than the cost to buy it. Any guesses on how long it will take to repair a sewing machine in the Land of Manana?

Today I'm creating pesto. At the farmer's market yesterday I bought the fresh ingredients I need, plus some heirloom tomatoes to serve with it. Mr. B doesn't eat uncooked tomatoes, so the heirloom tomatoes are going to be such a treat for me! But first, this afternoon I'm going to walk around the Contemporary Spanish Market in the 85-degree sunshine. Then tonight, I'll take a bottle of crisp white wine, the tomatoes and pesto, and some good bread outside to enjoy in the COOL Santa Fe evening. Take that, Dr. Mc!

No comments:

Post a Comment