Wednesday, August 17, 2011

August 17, 2011

Flat bags I made yesterday. Love all the fabrics.
I had a very productive afternoon and evening yesterday, except for the fact that I didn't go to sleep until 6:30 a.m. It all began with going to the grocery store hungry. Even though I had a list I wound up spending $100 because I kept putting things in the basket that weren't on the list. After dinner I got the sewing bug and made four flat bags (see photo). Again, these need to be embellished, but that might not happen until I get back to Houston, to my collection of brooches, trims and buttons. Finally, I had rented three movies at Albertson's, so I watched them until 4:30 a.m.

I've never rented movies from Redbox, but found it to be completely painless and very inexpensive. If I'm going to watch a so-so movie, I feel much better about only paying $1 to rent it rather than $15+ to go to a movie theater. The Company Man starred Ben Affleck, Tommy Lee Jones, and some other good actors. The plot was too close to home and made me uncomfortable! In the movie, long-term dedicated employees were fired from a company in order to make "the numbers" for the shareholders, while at the same time those in charge got huge salaries, stock options, and bonus packages. We've all seen this happen too often in today's business world. Next I watched the Adjustment Bureau with Matt Damon. Interesting plot and good acting, but bad ending with unanswered questions. Last was The Conspirator, a Robert Redford movie that made me question the guilt and trial of Mary Surratt, who was convicted and hung as an accomplice in the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. I plan to spend time on the Internet today researching the story.

Today I'm creating more purses. Around 5 a.m. I went to bed, but got up about 30 minutes later because I couldn't sleep, much to the annoyance of Roz and Rose. In the early morning I matched fabrics for today's sewing session. I also sketched out a new front for the flat bags that I'm going to make today. Unfortunately, I'll be back at the fabric store buying interfacing and cording for the handles. But first, a shower to help revive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment