Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 31, 2011

Sending love to all!
Caution: Soul searching and self-discovery thoughts to follow.

People ask me what I do in Santa Fe while I'm here during the summer. My normal response is that I sew, read, bead jewelry, sample new recipes, garden, watch television, and work with clients – basically the same things I do when I'm in Houston, but I do them in shorts and without make-up. What I don't think everyone needs to know or would appreciate hearing is that when I'm in Santa Fe I also try to discover new perceptions on life. It's so peaceful here and I have fewer distractions, so I have more time and energy to cultivate a healthy and balanced soul that isn't limited or controlled by external powers such as money, food, negativity, fear, jealousy, objects, etc. In my journey for illumination this summer, a special moment came when I was riding in the car with my sage and wise friend Debbie. I don't know what prompted me to pose the question, "What is the purpose and meaning of life?" but she quickly responded, "To love and be loved." Like Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz, did I have the "answer" all the time, but not realize it?

Today I'm creating love in everything I do, and encouraging everyone to do the same. Lead with your heart in whatever you do and happiness will follow. What a beautiful, simple, truthful thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment