Sunday, August 28, 2011

August 28, 2011

My pork tenderloin dinner last night at
Coyote Cafe. I've always said, "Presentation
is everything," although there were so many
delicious flavors in my plate of food!
It's a late night blog for me because I've been out and about today, Sandy's last day in the Land of Enchantment.

Before getting to today, I have to mention dinner last night at Coyote Cafe. So incredible! We began with cocktails. Sandy's beverage of choice was a Senorita (margarita). I had a Pink Lady (cosmopolitan). The best part of each specialty cocktail was the topping. The Senorita had a whipped topping of lime, salt and foam. My Pink Lady was topped with cranberry juice and foam, which was as light as air. Then we had wonderful salads, followed by spicy shrimp for Sandy and pork tenderloin for me (see photo). If you're in Santa Fe and want an over-the-top delicious and expensive dinner, Coyote Cafe is the current "in"spot.

Even though I swore last night when we got back to the casita that I was never going to eat again, this morning I made my specialty brunch, which includes eggs scrambled with turkey sausage, onions and red peppers, topped with avocado. Also on the plate were orange segments and half of a toasted, buttered cinnamon, raisin bagels. After brunch we toured the Tesueque Flea Market, which is located outside of Santa Fe on an Indian reservation. Then, after some afternoon stops (I think Sandy was able to decide on a beautiful piece of art for her Houston home), we went to the movie before beginning the cocktail hour at Pettita Casita. We sat under the portal drinking wine and listened to rain softly bouncing off the metal roof. Dinner consisted of heirloom tomatoes drizzled with high quality balsamic vinegar, EVOO, sea salt and parmesan, complemented by wonderful breads I got yesterday at the Farmer's Market. The girls (Roz and Rose) will miss having Sandy tomorrow when she leaves the casita. She has been a delightful guest. Mr. B arrives late this coming Sunday, so we won't be alone too long.

Today I'm creating ideas for embellishing my bags. Although many of the vendors have closed their stalls at Tesueque Flea Market because this is the end of the high season in Santa Fe, I was able to find some embellishments for my bags. After I clean house tomorrow, I'll pull out the sewing materials and equipment, and start working on the finishing touches for the bags I've created. Only two weeks left in my adopted home state.

No comments:

Post a Comment