Thursday, August 25, 2011

August 25, 2011

The guest room at Pettita Casita.
Can it be that I finished everything on my to-do list from yesterday? Well, almost. I need to clean the bathroom after I take my shower. The dining room looks plain naked without my fabrics and sewing paraphernalia all over the place. Stashing everything made me realize how much I still have to sew. I'm determine to make something out of every piece of fabric I brought with me before I head back to Houston.

I had lunch yesterday with my friend Richard the Realtor. He introduced me to a woman from Virginia. Richard helped Caroline and her husband buy a condo in Santa Fe last December. She has been here about the same amount of time as I have this summer. I fussed at Richard for not introducing us sooner because she seemed like someone I would hang out with, especially when she said the women in the condo were having cocktails last night. I gave her my email address and hope to hear from her. She is heading home to Virginia tomorrow. Her husband let her know there was no damage to their home during the earthquake, but now she's heading home to possibly face Hurricane Irene. Yikes! I remember returning to Houston a few years ago just in time to spend 13 days without electricity after Hurricane Ike.

Today I'm creating a day of fun with Sandy. I'm driving to ABQ to get her and bring her back for a long weekend of relaxing, shopping, eating, bonding ... and cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment