Thursday, April 24, 2014

Throw Back Thursday

The pic-of-the-day is of my parents taken on January 28, 1995, just before Mr. B and I married. Today would have been their 65th wedding anniversary. They started dating while both were attending Bryan High School at age 15 or 16. After high school, she went to Sam Houston State Teachers College (as it was known then) and he went to Texas A&M College (as it was known then). 

t
Mr. & Mrs. Truett B. Akin, Jr.
They eloped to Hearne, TX, on April 24, 1949, two days after her 20th birthday. He was three months shy of his 20th birthday. To make themselves look older, she wore a navy suit that belonged to her mother and he wore his Aggie uniform to their wedding. They lived with his parents until he graduated from college in 1950. They had celebrated their 52nd wedding anniversary when she died in 2001. He died in 2007. 

Today I'm creating (more jewelry). The Dremel I bought yesterday is helping with the finishing of the tin, as I knew it would. So I'll do some cutting and sanding while waiting on the phone man to come. One has already been here, but he isn't authorized to climb the telephone pole, so I have to wait on another one to show.


No comments:

Post a Comment