Monday, April 14, 2014

A day of driving

Why is it that when no other radio stations come in on the road, you can always get country western and Christian music stations?

Rose and I made it to Childress, which is approximately eight hours away from Houston. When we left the Houston house around 10 a.m. it was 75 degrees. It started raining around The Woodlands or Conroe. I stopped in Madisonville because it felt like something way wrong with one of the tires. It was so cold and windy that I put on my coat and was still freezing. The tires were find, so Rose and I got back on the road. We stopped outside of Ft. Worth where it was colder and even more windy.

Today I'm creating 2/3s of the drive to Santa Fe. I wasn't really tired, but knew I needed to stop driving so I could get a hotel room, dinner, and settle in before Dancing With the Stars came on at 7 p.m. (The dancing this week to the Disney songs has been terrific.) I had to find a sweatshirt because it is so cold here. Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment