Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Crunch Time

Chick-fil-A breakfast sandwich and diet coke.
Breakfast of champions?
I'm in countdown mode until the silent auction I've been working on for months happens on Friday night. The next three days will be extremely crazy as we work on the final details. Wednesday is table signage and other computer work. Thursday afternoon we begin load-in and Friday morning we complete the set-up. Hopefully we'll be finished with set-up by noon because I see a mani/pedi and nap occurring before the event!

My day began at my Tuesday client's office, where the speaker at the sales meeting was kind enough to provide breakfast sandwiches from Chick-fil-A. I've avoided eating there since the Chick-fil-A same-sex marriage controversy in June 2012, but felt it was my social responsibility to eat one of the breakfast sandwiches so it wouldn't go uneaten and thrown away. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Today I'm creating shoes that fit. What? I had a great pair of shoes that I was going to give away because the back strap would always slip down when I walked. Instead, I bought a pair of clear rubber strips to put on the back strap, and my problem is solved. Easy breezy.

No comments:

Post a Comment