Monday, April 21, 2014

Spring Cleaning at the Casita

Cherry tree in the front courtyard has tons of blooms.
Since we bought the casita in 2007, it has been slowly filling up with stuff. I think I referred to these treasures in a blog last week as "dust collectors." I'm so bad about seeing things and telling myself that this or that would look cute in the casita. As usual I've gone to extreme!

Last week when I got here, I began collecting non-essential items in the dining room. Collectibles. Decorative items. Kitchen items. Linens. Rugs that have been under beds or in the closet for years. So far there aren't enough items to have a yard sale, plus there are too many expensive items. In a yard sale there needs to be lots of $1-$5 items, which I don't have. My next option is to take the items to a consignment shop. I'm not sure if I'm up for that either because I'll only get about 25 percent of the resale value. I think I've finally decided to put the expensive items on ebay and hope they sell in the next two weeks before I go back to Houston. I also have some pillows here that I've made, which I can put on etsy. Wish me luck!

Today I'm creating listings on ebay and etsy. I've already looked up the value of many of the items I have to sell. Now I just need to list them.

No comments:

Post a Comment