Friday, July 29, 2011

July 29, 2011

For two years there were no  flowers on this
plant. I almost pulled it in May, thinking
it was a weed. By the end of July it was
blooming. Now I need to identify it.
Rose is learning that she doesn't have to bark at every noise she hears. This made for much better sleeping last night. I've told her she only needs to bark if someone comes in the yard, and that it's not necessary to bark at every creek and squeak a 70+ year-old house makes. Of course, once Rose barks then Roz has to chime in. Nothing I dislike more than being awakened at an odd hour of the night from a deep sleep by barking dogs.

Remember several years ago when Ch. 2 – the NBC affiliate in Houston – had Radar the Weather Dog? Adorable furry dog, but stupid concept! Albuquerque is a much smaller news market than Houston, so I guess it takes longer for idiotic ideas to reach it. This morning, on the NBC affiliate in Albuquerque, the weatherman was holding a shaking chiuaua with bug eyes. Sad!

Today I'm creating  time in the garden. We had a problem with the drip system in the side yard and lost some plants. I figure if I buy the plants today I can get them planted throughout the weekend. It's sad that my aging back can't endure hours of bending, digging, and planting like it used to. As Mr. B's mother used to say, old age isn't for sissies!

No comments:

Post a Comment