Thursday, July 28, 2011

July 28, 2011

This is a chocolate plant. It's low to the ground
and omits a chocolate smell when brushed. 
Last night I made a to-do list for today. Actually, I added to the to-do list Mr. B left me before he returned to Houston. He walked around the garden yesterday – in his uniform of slacks, a crispy starched shirt, and polished shoes – pointing out chores for me. Talk about role reversal. I thought I was supposed to create honey-do lists for him!

I'm happy to report that Evan has a new job. She's working at Paulie's, which makes one of my favorite sandwiches in Houston. If you're out and about for lunch, stop by Paulie's on Westhemier, order a shrimp sandwich (yum), and say hello to Evan. When she worked at Buchanan's in the Heights, she would always tell me who came in the nursery and said hello to her.

Today I'm creating a new curtain for the puerta trasera (backdoor). I brought the fabric from Houston, but need to go to the fabric store to get lining. It's always a temptation for me to go into fabric stores and not come out with more than I need. I've been known to go for a spool of thread, but walk out with $100 of remnants and no thread. Focus!

No comments:

Post a Comment