Saturday, July 23, 2011

July 23, 2011

Rose has her toys and is ready to travel.
Another full morning with the yard sale. I was up before 6 a.m. and started setting up about 30 minutes later. People start stopping at the first sign of light. And some people are just nutty! For example, a man arrives about 6:45 a.m. and is looking at what's on the tables. I tell him we won't have everything out until 8  a.m., which is when our signs state the yard sale will begin. He ignores me and picks up a large plastic pitcher with a lid. He asks the price and I tell him $1. A few minutes later I see him opening the door to his SUV. I yell at him that he hasn't paid me for the pitcher. He shakes his head "no," climbs in his car, and drives away. Come on. Stealing a $1 plastic pitcher. Really? Like I said, some people are nutty?

It was so hot outside this morning! We kept moving around the front yard to find shade, but at noon – with the sun straight overhead – there was no shade in the front yard. A huge maroon candle melted on one of the tables. I think that was the only casualty, except maybe my back. I'm not sure if it was the picking up and moving of boxes or the sun and humidity that zapped me – or both.

Today I'm creating a packing list for my extended vacay in Santa Fe. Mr. B says, "We leave at dawn," but that never happens. Rose saw my suitcases and brought me both of her toys.  A girl has to have her toys when she goes on vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment