Thursday, July 21, 2011

July 21, 2011

Drinking multiple margaritas last night
seemed like a good idea at the time.
Note to self: You drank too much last night. On a school night. Bad girl! What were you thinking? OK, move on.

Here's a story with a happy ending. Dr. Kendall researched and wrote a grant proposal for a non-profit organization that shall remain nameless. She provided an estimate (hourly rate multiplied by number of hours), which was approved. When she was assigned more work relating to the same project, she informed the executive director that the additional work would exceed her original estimate and was given the go ahead to proceed. But when it came time to get paid for her work, the executive director said, "I don't think so." Bad form! Dr. K found out recently that the executive director had been replaced, so she sent an email explaining the situation to the new executive director who responded, "Sorry for the delay." Very proud of Kendall for following up! You go, girl.

Today I'm creating an afternoon of errands. Mr. B has loaded me up today. I have to go downtown and stand in line. I have to go to Discount Tires and wait for who knows how long to get my tires rotated. I have to take the Explorer to our mechanic to find out why I can't put the pedal to the metal. Nothing sounds like fun. I think Mr. B is punishing me for having too much fun last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment