Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July 19, 2011

The comfy chair in this reading nook belonged
first to my maternal grandmother and then to my
paternal grandmother. The lamp belonged to
Mr. B's mother.  Lots of warmth in that corner!
Another rainy morning in Houston. Usually I'm not a friend of gray skies, but two rainy mornings in a row is a good thing (thanks Martha Stewart for the expression).

Lots of check marks on the to-do list for Santa Fe. More items added to the list today, but it all still seems manageable. I doubt the panic mode will hit until Saturday afternoon, which is not a good thing. I wish I could push myself into more of a hurried state before the last minute, but since my middle name is procrastination, getting things done before the last minute isn't going to happen. Today I'm procrastinating against going to the tax office and standing in line for who knows how long to get the title of Evan's scooter transferred out of the previous owner's name.

Today I'm creating an agenda and handouts for the Women of Wine fundraiser planning meeting. I need to get this organized and volunteers assigned to the different tasks before I leave town. Hope the meeting doesn't last more than an hour because Mr. B and I need to have dinner tonight with our buddy Keith Crane. Keith's middle name is better than mine. He actually has two middle names: Cranium and Crane-the-Brain. Since he's so smart, I bet he doesn't procrastinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment