Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July 13, 2011

Twin nieces Rebecca (Akin) Mackey and Patricia Akin.
Last night I fought with all my might the temptation to devour a milk shake. Even as late as midnight I was tempted to get up, get dressed, and get a vanilla shake. I'm normally more interested in salty foods, so my sweet tooth making a late-night appearance was a surprise. I didn't succumb yesterday, but today's another day.

Speaking of today, it's the 33rd birthday of my twin nieces. Happy birthday, ladies! It seems as if it were just yesterday that I looked through the window of the hospital nursery and saw the sweet little babies, Tricia wearing a gold heart-shaped monitor. Those adorable babies have grown to be successful young women who are beautiful both inside and out. My wish is that my older brother was still alive to share in his daughters' lives, but I know he watches over them. My question is this – should I celebrate their birthday with a vanilla shake toast?

Today I'm creating the mailing envelopes for a newsletter I created yesterday. Putting a mailing label on an envelope isn't very creative, but I fear it's about as creative as I'll get today. Or maybe I'll be creative in my outfit for the day. Yeah, that's the ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment