Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18, 2011

My brain.
It's Monday again. Just like clockwork Monday comes around every seven days, whether I'm ready for it or not. But this Monday morning brought something Houstonians have been missing lately — it rained for a few minutes, at least at my house.

I have lots of random thoughts this morning, probably because I'm getting ready to leave town. I usually have the pictured notebook in my purse. I've begun making lists of things to do before I leave, things to take with me when I go, and there's even a page for Roz and Rose. But before crossing anything off a list, I need to eat lunch and watch All My Children. A Monday ritual.

Random thought #1: The media seems so surprised because J Lo and Marc Anthony are divorcing. Really? I think it's more surprising when celebrity marriages last more than a few years.

Random thought #2: I woke up this morning with a huge bump on my left forearm and the beginnings of what will be a nasty bruise. Ouchy!

Random thought #3: I'm so happy that I found Evan's IRS refund check. I couldn't locate it for about a week. It's time to put it in her bank account.

Random thought #4: I could care less where Casey Anthony is hiding!

Random thought #5: Last night I cooked fish and roasted veggies. The only problem with cooking fish is that the house still smells. Reminds me of a joke: What do house guests and fish have in common? They both start smelling after three days. [Insert laugh track here.]

Today I'm creating dinner in the slow cooker.

No comments:

Post a Comment