Saturday, July 30, 2011

July 30, 2011

In yesterday's newspaper I found several estate sales that I wanted to visit today. The one I was most interested in started at 8 a.m. and listed, among other items, fabric and a bike. I'm always looking for old fabrics and I've wanted to have a bike in Santa Fe. I set the alarm on my iPhone for 7 a.m. so I can be there early to check out the bargains, but don't get up until 8:30 a.m. After taking the dogs for a walk, eating some yogurt and getting dressed, I  leave the house at 9:30 a.m. My mother was fussing inside my brain that everything was going to be picked over, but I headed out to the estate sale. Although it was  across town, I was there in 10 minutes. Oh yeah, this is Santa Fe, not Houston.

Book I bought yesterday at Border's.
Lots of tips and tricks I can't wait to try!
Walking up the drive, I see the bike is still there. Nice looking, but dusty. On closer inspection, I discover it's a 1983 Peugeot, 14-speed racing bike – not what anyone should ride on the rocky, dirt roads of Santa Fe. I go inside to check out the fabric. I've never seen so many pieces of pastel-colored fabric with tiny flowers. Not interested, so I head to the next place. The ad in the paper says it's a HUGE yard sale with bikes (plural). Nice looking bikes, all with training wheels. Not interested, so I head to the third place, which is just down the street from Pettita Casita. Strike three! Junk, junk and more junk. Complete flop!

Today I'm creating some shopping bags. I found a great book yesterday at Border's going-out-of-business sale. Last night I matched some fabrics to use. So after I go to the Saturday farmer's market I'm going to come home, open the windows, and turn the dining room table into my sewing station. Sounds like a fun afternoon to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment