Saturday, July 16, 2011

July 16, 2011

A great, no-longer-produced tupperware container.
Mr. B woke me up BEFORE 6 a.m. this morning to set up for a yard sale. It was hot, humid and still dark. Two hours of setting up, two hours of selling stuff for $2-$5, and an hour of getting leftovers under the porch roof as it started sprinkling. After counting the dollar bills and lunch, it was time for a long nap. I hate getting up early, and now Mr. B wants to continue the yard sale next Saturday since we got rained out today. I must love him because I said OK.

We had mainly large pieces in the yard sale, most of which didn't sell. Most of the "smalls" came from Mr. B's mom's apartment, including a priceless piece of tupperware. I HAD one just like it, until I took something in it to Kendall's house. The good doctor now insists it is hers. The tupperware container with lid (see photo) holds a pie, several dozen cookies, about 18 cupcakes, lots of deviled eggs ... you get the idea. It's perfect for hauling goodies to someone else's house. If you ever see one at a yard sale, do yourself a favor and buy it.

Today I'm creating a festive outfit to wear to the neighbor's house for dinner. I'm looking forward to a casual, fun evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment