Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 17, 2011

The cute scooter Evan bought is at my house
until she gets her driver's license renewed.
It's only one week before I leave for my summer hiatus in Santa Fe. Being gone for eight weeks takes planning, which starts today. This summer I'm hoping to volunteer 10-12 hours per week at the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum, so instead of my normal linen shorts-and-tops-only wardrobe I'll also need to take some casual-Friday skirts. I'll also begin sewing for the upcoming fall and holiday craft shows while in Santa Fe, which means I need to go through fabrics, trims and my inspiration files to coordinate what I want to take with me. Just thinking about being in the high desert for the rest of the summer brings a HUGE smile to my face (emphasis added).

I find that while in Santa Fe during the summer I eat much better than I do in Houston. Maybe it's because I shop at the bi-weekly farmer's market while I'm there or maybe it's because life is slower and I have more time to plan and prepare, but for whatever reason(s) I like cooking en la cocina casita. I also give up drinking diet cokes (bet you thought I was going to say alcohol) while in Santa Fe, which usually means I'm a bear the first few days as I de-caffeine. Even Roz and Rose prefer drinking refreshing spring water (as opposed to tap water) in Santa Fe.

Today I'm creating an opportunity to ride Evan's cute scooter. She bought a gently used scooter on Friday and it's being stored at my house until she renews her driver's license this week. (No need for a driver's license while she only rode a bicycle.) The scooter needs to be started every day, so maybe I'll ride it to Revival market and buy some fish for dinner tonight. And maybe I'll ride it to the salon to get a mani/pedi. As my dad used to say, "Sounds like a plan."

No comments:

Post a Comment