Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 26, 2011

The table is set for our dinner guests.
Today didn't really seem as if I were on vacation. I got up early for a Skype conference with a client. I'm usually in the client's office on Tuesday, but since he's in Houston and I'm in Santa Fe, we had a Skype conference. Or at least we tried. Something didn't work as it was supposed to, so instead we had a teleconference ... for one hour and 15 minutes. My arm was exhausted from holding the phone up to my ear for so long. I wrote the newsletter later today and got it off by email. I was so excited I finished it today, but then realized it was 4 p.m. in Santa Fe, which meant it was 5 p.m. in Houston, and no one was in the office at that time to review it. Also worked on two pro bono projects today. See what I mean about working on vacation? Yikes!

Errands were also on my agenda today. It was so nice at the farmer's market, which is close to the house and open on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Beautiful veggies, breads, plants, cut flowers, handmade lotions and potions, etc. I'm making squash I bought at the market for dinner tonight, along with a green salad. The grill master (as he likes to be called) is heating up the Webber in about 30 minutes to charcoal chicken.

Today I'm creating a lovely dinner for The Richards (our friends in Santa Fe) and also for Lynn (who is in town from Houston). The table is already set with linens and fresh flowers from the garden. I told Mr. B I wished I had a cutting garden in Houston. Oh yeah, I have more time to garden in Santa Fe when I'm on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment