Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 7, 2011

My pinky now has a smaller bandage.
I bit the bullet today and went to see the doctor, and am happy to report that my pinky will live to extend another day. While I was in the doctor's office, I also had my annual thyroid check-up. I'm good to go for another year, barring another close encounter with a sharp blade.

Next week it's the dogs turn to visit the doctor. This makes me think about Nelson, our white Shih Tzu before we got Rose. Nelson, who was the toughest dog on the block — all 15 lbs. of him, hated to go to the vet, just as I don't like to go to the doctor. Once when Nelson was at the vet's office getting his shots, the tough guy won't stop crying. Even the vet told Nelson he was being a baby and crying too much. When we walked out into the waiting area, the other dogs was cowering because of all the noise Nelson had made. Unlike Nelson, I didn't cry today when I had my blood drawn.

Today I'm creating wall groupings with our artwork. When Mr. B and I were thinking about selling our 100-year-old house and moving to a townhouse, we removed about half the art from the walls. Now that we've decided we're not ready for a townhouse yet, we're going to spend this evening rehanging artwork. Can't wait to see everything back up on the walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment