Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July 20, 2011

A cute little pouch made from an old burlap bag and scraps.
I haven't figured out the handle ... or maybe it doesn't one.
I just read that 42 years ago today Neil Armstrong walked on the moon. Although many people I know weren't even born in 1969, I was at drill team camp held at SMU for the historic first walk on the moon. There were lots of giggly young girls gathered around the television in the reception room at the dorm. I was so excited to be there as an officer of the Spring Woods High School Tigerettes.

Women of Wine had a great planning meeting for our upcoming fundraiser. Always fun spending in Bill Baldwin's wine cellar! The one idea that didn't come out of the meeting was a name for the event. What? I'm the theme queen (or so I like to believe) and I couldn't name the damn thing. But I'm not giving up!

Today I'm creating envelopes for a newsletter I've been working on. At the request of Dr. Kendall, who told me last night I needed to be sewing more, I'm posting a photo of a little pouch I made yesterday. I used an old burlap bag for the main portion of the bag and scraps of cotton for the flap. The pouch is lined with beige cotton. The bag is cute and easy to make, so I'm planning to make more in Santa Fe. Leaving in four days!

No comments:

Post a Comment