Thursday, July 10, 2014

The front is pieced together

Front of the quilt.
Probably 10 years ago I bought a great chenille bedspread at a garage sale. I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but the bedspread was in terrific condition. I bought it, knowing that some day I would use it for something. I found the perfect use for it.

The center section of the quilt I've been piecing together is part of the vintage chenille bedspread. I made simple block squares from two different blue fabrics and finished the front today. I'll be moving on to the batting and quilting this weekend, which I consider more difficult than piecing the front together. The back will be a solid medium blue., different than the two blues used on the front.

Today I'm creating an e-blast, doing some Facebook postings for clients, working on an invitation, and making calls to coordinate the private party I'm working on for White Linen Night on Saturday, August 2, in the Heights. Of course, my day would not be complete without a trip to the fabric store this afternoon. I was four blocks short of the gingham fabric on the front of the quilt. Ugh! But it's done and I'm feeling good.
Close up of the blue blocks.

Centerpiece of the quilt (vintage chenille).
It's hard to see in the photo, but there is a
lighter and darker blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment